How we made the worldSerta Comfortable ® .
Since introducing the Perfect Sleeper® mattress to the world in 1931, Serta has been the name behind many “firsts” in the industry and gained a reputation for being a pioneer in comfort. In fact, every Serta mattress is designed to provide truly exceptional comfort, from our breakthrough iComfort® Sleep System to our iconic Perfect Sleeper®.
Today, Serta is proud to be the #1 mattress manufacturer in the United States and a leading brand across the globe. Our goal is to bring that exceptional Serta comfort to everyone by producing products that span every price point and mattress construction.
The Perfect Sleeper® mattress brand was released to the world—two years before the Serta brand name was introduced.
The Sertapedic® mattress was introduced with the tagline, “You sleep ON it, not in it.”
Serta released the very first plusher “Pillow Soft®” mattress to the world, defying the popular belief that a firmer mattress is always better.
In another industry first, Serta introduced a continuous coil innerspring design.
Serta launched its iconic logo, which is still used today.
The beloved Serta Counting Sheep made their first public appearance and quickly became award-winning brand icons. After a short diva stage, the sheep adjusted to their global fame and are now a dream to work with.
Serta became the first brand in the industry to make all of its mattresses meet or exceed the federal flammability standard.
The Serta Counting Sheep were herded into the Advertising Hall of Fame.
Serta joined forces with the National Sleep Foundation to redesign its Perfect Sleeper® mattresses to help solve 5 common sleep problems: tossing and turning, lack of support, sleeping too hot, partner disturbance, and mattress roll-off or sagging.
Serta launched its breakthrough iComfort Sleep System, our most innovative sleep system with advanced cooling technology.
Serta achieved the ranking of the #1 mattress manufacturer in the United States.
Serta was named America’s Most Recommended Mattress, Pillow and Box Spring brand by the Women’s Choice Award, and earned the recognition again in 2015 and 2016.
Buying a Mattress Made in USA: The Ultimate Source List
Is buying a mattress on your list of things to do this year? A good mattress is an investment in your comfort and health, but it is also a good opportunity to buy American from a company you can trust. There are a surprising number of options. Don’t miss this list of American made mattresses to get you started on your search for the perfect one!
Don’t miss our source lists for American made bedding and made in USA organic bedding.
Buying a Mattress Made in USA
Aslan: 365 Night Trail, Infinite Warranty
Aslanis the only mattress company that offers a full 365 night trial with free returns on a product that is 100% made in the USA. They also offer an Infinite Warranty and will match other mattress warranties. Aslan medium-firm mattresses are made of 3 layers of state of the art CertiPUR-US Foam and offer ideal comfort and support for all body types. The top layer is made of beaded GEL Memory Foam, which provides temperature regulation and helps keep the body cool. Aslan mattresses also have great edge support, and are Zero Off-Gassing.Save 10% on Aslan mattress and pillow orders with promo code USALOVE.
BedInABox.com: The Original Mattress in a Box
For 12 yearsBedInABox.comhas been offering affordable luxury mattresses online. It is the oldest direct sale mattress company in the business. All BedInABox is the only box mattress company that manufactures it’s own foam cores in the USA and they are CertiPur-US® certified. Choose from mattresses for every sleep style and budget. BedInABox.com offers 120-night sleep trial. You pay nothing if you are not satisfied with a money back guarantee, just contact our onsite customer service center. Every mattress is covered with a 20 year warranty as BedInABox stands behind all products with an exceptional warranty. Get your new BedInABox mattress in only 2-5 days in the contiguous US as it is shipped right from the facility where every product is inspected for quality. Free shipping on all orders!15% off all BedinaBox.com orders (and an additional $25 off the Azul and Tranquillium mattresses) with discount code USALOVE through March 6, 2020. Valid on all Queen Size Mattresses and higher, with the exception of the PacBed Lite Mattress.
CRāVE: Luxury Foam and Spring Hybrid Mattresses
The CRāVE team knows that one mattress does NOT fit all which is whyCRāVEoffers four mattress styles to choose from. Two of CRāVE mattress styles are foam and spring hybrid mattresses- mattresses that provide comfort and support equal to traditional luxury spring mattresses, but at a lower price.CRāVE mattresses are Eco-friendly. All foams used are CertiPur-US® certified. Made in North Carolina, all materials used in CRāVE mattresses are sourced with in a 200 mile radius, reducing their carbon footprint. Receive the good night’s sleep you crave on an affordable, Eco-friendly, luxury mattress. CRāVE mattress offers free shipping too!
My Green Mattress: Non-Toxic Mattresses
My Green Mattressnon toxic mattresses are handcrafted in Illinois. All My Green Mattress mattresses are GREENGUARD Gold Certified, which considers safety factors for individuals with sensitivities and allergies. Instead of chemical laden flame retardants, My Green Mattress uses American Eco Wool as a natural flame barrier on it’s mattresses. The wool is sourced from California and Oregon. For its latex mattresses, My Green Mattress uses 100% GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) Certified Organic Dunlap latex. Dunlap latex is made from the sap of the rubber tree. My Green Mattress even offers a 100 night sleep trial.MyGreenMattresss discount code USALOVE saves you $125 off.
Factory Direct Mattresses
Did you know that you can get high-quality mattresses sent right to your door? I honestly had no clue until I started doing research for this list! Purchasing a mattress from an online-only retailer usually means that the mattress comes to you directly from the factory. This lowers the cost of the mattress by cutting out retail store costs. To make shipping easier, these mattresses come rolled up in an easy to handle box. I have to admit, I was a little wary about purchasing a mattress this way.
BearMattresssent me a twin size mattress to review. BearMattress gel memory foam mattresses are uniquely designed for optimal cooling, comfort, and healing. The mattress arrived right to my door via UPS.
The box was easy for me to move without the need of another person and contained easy to follow directions on how to remove the mattress. With the help of my kiddos, we removed the mattress from the box, followed the directions, and had the mattress ready to use in no time. Once we unrolled it, there was no evidence at all that the mattress had previously been rolled up.
BearMattress was specifically designed for those with an active lifestyle as it’s engineered with four layers of foam to promote healing, cooling and to increase energy levels. Active, I am not, so this review is limited on that aspect. However, the day that the mattress arrived I had been on a hike with the hubby that included going up and down a large hill which normally would have resulted in sore muscles the next day. Coincidence or not, after sleeping on the BearMattress that night (and having a great night’s sleep), I did not have a spot of soreness.
My daughter is the one who has been sleeping on the mattress since. She is the person in the family who is always hot, and she would often wake up during the night from being too hot (even in the winter). This has not been happening since she has had this mattress. For our first online mattress experience, BearMattress has set the bar high!
Buying a Mattress Made in USA: Ultimate Source List
Many of the companies on this list are online only stores. This list is always growing, so check back often. If you have a favorite American made mattress company that you don’t see on our list, let us know in the comments and we will add it.
- 4Sleepoffers luxury foam mattresses.
- Agilityhybrid mattress was designed with moms in mind.
- Ameena Mattressare factory direct and manufactured in Georgia (the covers are made in North Carolina) from CertiPur-US certified memory foam.
- Amerisleepis a maker of natural memory foam mattresses.
- Amore Bedsmattresses are available with organic cotton fabric, split mattress firmness. Also available: 2 sided flippable mattresses and coil hybrid mattresses.
- AslanGEL infused memory foam Certi-pure USA certified mattresses are made in the USA and come with a 365 Night Trial.Learn more about Aslan mattresses at the top of this post.
- Avocadomattresses are made with natural and organic materials in California.
- BearMattressmemory gel foam mattresses are specifically designed for athletes and those with active lifestyles. See review above.
- BedinABox.comis an online retailer and manufacturer of memory foam mattresses, located in Tennessee. The Serenity mattress is pictured below.Learn more about this made in USA Mattress company at the top of this post.15% off all BedinaBox.com orders (and an additional $25 off the Azul and Tranquillium mattresses) with discount code USALOVE through March 6, 2020. Valid on all Queen Size Mattresses and higher, with the exception of the PacBed Lite Mattress.
- Brentwood Homememory foam, latex, spring, and foundation mattresses (quilts, pillows and pet beds too) are made in California.
- Brooklyn Beddingfactory direct mattresses, pillows and sheets are made in Arizona.
- Caspermattresses, pillows and sheets are made in the USA and factory-direct.
- Cocoon by Sealymattresses are assembled in the USA.
- Colgatemanufactures crib, changing table, and bassinet mattresses.
- Cozy Puremanufactures organic pillows, sheets, blankets, and toppers in Norfolk, Virginia.
- CRāVE Mattressfoam and innerspring mattresses are Eco-friendly and made in North Carolina.Learn more about CRāVE Mattress at the top of this article.
- Create A Mattressmanufactures made to order memory foam, latex, futon, and pillow-top mattresses in the USA.
- Diamond Mattressbrands includeRallyand Diamond. Diamond Mattress has been making mattresses in the USA since 1946.
- Dromma BedEco-friendly mattresses are made in the USA from natural materials.
- Easy Restadjustable mattresses are made in the USA.
- Eco Terrahybrid mattresses are made in California from 100% talalay latex and have fabric encased coils.
- Elementfactory-direct memory foam mattresses are 100% American made.
- eLuxuryis an online retailer of bedding products. Not all products are American made, but they have a selection of pillows, mattresses, and toppers that are.
- Envi3 layered mattresses are made in Portland.
- Everlaymattresses, pillows, and even pet beds are made in California.
- Freedom Sleepmattresses are affordable and American made
- GhostBedGel memory foam and latex mattresses by Nature’s Sleep. Foundation/box spring also made in USA.
- Helixpersonalized mattresses are made to order.
- HIBRmanufactures cooling memory foam mattress, made in America.
- Hyphenmattress is designed for a cool, clean, supportive sleep.
- Kiss Mattressmemory foam and latex mattresses are made in USA.
- Leesafoam mattresses for everybody. For every 10 mattresses sold Leesa donates one mattress to a shelter.
- Lilybedmattress is designed for women, made in Vermont
- Loom & Leafby Saatva. These ultra–luxury mattresses are made from a plant-based foam
- Luxiis a luxury foam mattress that adapts to your body’s needs
- Memobedluxury hybrid copper infused mattress, made in California
- My Green Mattressnon-toxic mattresses are handcrafted in Illinois. The Hope latex mattress pictured below is made from certified organic Dunlap latex, made from the sap of the rubber tree.Learn more about My Green Mattress at the top of this post.MyGreenMattresss discount code USALOVE saves you $125 off.
- MyPillowmakes a mattress too- 10″ and 4 layers.
- Nest Beddingsells American made organic mattresses, sheets, pillows, blankets, and comforters.
- Newtonbreathable crib mattresses are made in Tennessee.
- NolahEvery part of the mail order Nolah foam mattress is made in the USA in one of their 8 factories.
- Novosbeddesigner luxury memory foam mattresses are made in Pennsylvania.
- Pacific Mattress Co.float foam mattresses are made in California.
- PangeaBedmanufactures copper infused Talalay latex mattresses.
- PerformaSleepmattresses are handcrafted in the USA. The foam is made in Georgia and the covering materials in South Carolina.
- Plushbedsflagship product is the Botanical Bliss American made organic latex mattress – a custom-made, hand-crafted, adjustable firmness model with a 25-year warranty. PlushBeds offers free shipping and a completely risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Puffyfoam mattresses are American made.
- PuraSleepmemory foam mattress and pillows are American made.
- Purpleoffers no pressure mattresses, made in USA.
- Quilbedmanufactures gel memory mattresses.
- Real Sleep by Real Simplemattresses are 100% made and designed in the USA
- Saatvais the only online mattress brand that manufactures and sells ultra-premium innerspring mattresses.
- Sertamattresses are available in 7 sizes from crib to Cal King. Serta has 24 factories throughout the USA.
- Spoonmattresses are memory foam.
- Spindlenatural latex mattresses are made in Massachusetts.
- Stumptown Mattressmattresses are affordable and made in the pacific northwest.
- Summerfieldmade in New York and developed by the owners of the mattress store Craig’s Bed.
- Sure2Sleepoffers plush gel memory foam mattresses
- Tangomattresses are 2 sided- plush on one side, firm on the other
- tulomattresses are available in multiple firmnesses and can be purchased in store AND online.
- Tuft & NeedleAdaptive Foam mattresses are made in California from materials sourced throughout the USA.
- Warrior Bed Companymanufactutures Certipur-US memory foam and gel mattresses in Mississippi.
- WinkBedshybrid premium mattress, made in USA
- Yoga Bedluxury gel memory foam mattresses
- ZenBedGEL infused hybrid memory foam mattress are American made
- Zenhavenby Saatva affordable luxury natural latex mattresses made in USA with organic cotton and wool.
- Zottooffers hybrid foam mattress and mattress topper.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.
Where Was Your Mattress Made?
I did, so I started to do a basic search to find out what is readily available on the internet and what I already know. Here is the video were I walk you through the process of figuring out where some of these mattresses come from.
You can skip through the video to 1:07 if you are curious about Casper. Skip to 3:37 for the section on where the Nectar mattress is made. Purple is at the end at 4:37.
It gets kind of tricky, as some foreign companies will say that there team designed the mattress in the USA, but it was assembled elsewhere. So when in doubt we defer to the made in tag that they have to attach to the mattress, which is usually called the “law tag”. Fun fact about the law tag, even though it says do not remove under penalty of law, you can cut it off it it bugs you. That tag does not apply to consumers.
Since I filmed this Casper has released two new products: the Essential and the Wave. They released the information below showing where parts of their mattress came from. I consider Casper a global company, so I ask you the following. After reading the paragraph below, what country “makes” the Casper Wave?
Casper is a world wide company, which sources products from China, Canada, Mexico and multiple other countries to produce their products. When defending themselves from the Serta Simmons Bedding company they disclosed where each layer of the Wave comes from. “To construct the Wave, three different foam suppliers separately manufacture the five different foam layers in four different locations around the globe”. The top layer, which I LOVE, comes from Georgia. The second layer, the latex one, comes from Belgium. The third and fifth layers come from Montreal Canada. And the 4th layer, which is really the subject of the lawsuit is made in Indiana.
FXI robot which pours the polymer into the Casper Wave
So where was the Casper Wave “made”? You can answer below in the comments.
I went back and watched this video today and realized that 2 of the companies that I listed are now out of business, Aloha Sleep and Matsleep. In addition, I noticed that some mattresses that had been made in China are now being produced domestically (likely due to Trump’s tariffs). For example, the Allswell mattress had been made in China and it is now being made in Brooklyn Bedding’s factory here in Phoenix, AZ. Trust me, I took the photos below on a tour.
Along the lines of the Allswell switch, Nectar has expanded into the UK market and those mattresses are produced in the UK rather than shipped from China.
Why to Buy a Mattress Made in the USA
July 26, 2017
Filed under: Shopping Tips
Do you know if your mattress was made in the United States? Aside from national pride, there are a few significant reasons why you should buy an American-made bed. Manufacturing laws in the United States are often broader and stricter than regulations in other countries around the world. And regulatory guidelines that govern the manufacturing process affect issues like health and safety, quality, environmental standards, and human rights. Because we hold our product to a very high standard, all Serta mattresses are manufactured in the United States at one of our 28 facilities across the country.
Health and Safety
Product requirements and standards in the United States make sure that important health and safety concerns, like flammability and chemical components, are addressed. Serta mattresses, for example, meet or exceed the federal flammability standard and fully comply with the standards of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Serta’s FireBlocker system is a proprietary blend of natural and synthetic fibers that help isolate the impact of a fire and limit its spread. Serta mattresses are assembled from finished components, and no chemical processing is introduced in any of our manufacturing facilities. All Serta foam is CertiPUR-US® certified and tested by each of our suppliers to have low VOC emissions for indoor air quality and made without prohibited phthalates, CFCs, lead or heavy metals, formaldehyde, or PBDEs.
Comfort is something that should endure day after day. And we know a thing or two about lasting quality! Serta has blazed the trail in comfort since we introduced our first Perfect Sleeper® mattress in 1931.
We build Serta mattresses with the highest quality materials to give you years of outstanding comfort and support. All Serta mattresses are designed and assembled in the USA, leveraging Serta’s 85 years of manufacturing expertise.
Our focus on quality is one of the reasons that Serta iComfort® has been named a Consumers Digest Best Buy for six years in a row and Serta has earned the Women’s Choice Award for mattresses four years in a row.
Environmental regulations in the United States around manufacturing processes and the chemicals produced as an output are relatively strict — which is a good thing for our environment.
Serta is committed to reducing our carbon footprint through energy and waste-reducing manufacturing processes by recycling scraps of mattress ticking, foam, wood, steel, and plastic. We’ve reduced secondary packaging to less than 5% of product weight. Serta Mattress’ plants and suppliers are located near our customers to minimize transportation cost and fuel consumption, and we manufacture Serta products on a just-in-time schedule to reduce unnecessary energy use, minimize waste, and allow for less warehousing.
Additionally, Serta uses eco-friendly mattress components. Our innersprings and boxsprings are made from 95% post-industrial recycled steel, and the wood in our foundations is sourced from forests that are certified as sustainable by the Forest Stewardship Council. Many of the fabrics used in Serta mattress covers are made from natural bamboo and/or pure organic cotton. Our latex blend is naturally anti-microbial and allergen resistant, and we use soy-based foams in multiple product lines.
Labor practices outside of the United States vary and, in certain places, are not closely monitored. American manufacturing plants must adhere to OSHA standards, pay a minimum wage, and follow child labor laws. Unfortunately, there are places around the globe where this is not the case.
Buying a mattress made in the USA also supports American manufacturing, which creates jobs and helps keep our economy diversified. Before you make a decision about your next mattress, find out where it was made and make sure the company’s production processes meet the safety, quality, environmental, and labor standards that are important to you.
The Consumers Digest Best Buy seal, editorial review text, references to the editorial review, and Consumers Digest Best Buy rating are registered certification marks and trademarks of Consumers Digest Communications, LLC used under paid license. For award information, visitwww.consumersdigest.com.
The Women’s Choice Award® is a registered trademark of WomenCertified Inc. The Women’s Choice Award® seal, trademarks and survey results used under paid license. CertiPUR-USA® is a registered certi-fication mark of Alliance for Flexible Polyurethane Foam, Inc. which administers the program.
This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.
Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn’t include installation.
- Financing plans
- Free standard shipping
- Long warranties
- Charges extra for white-glove delivery
- Less durability
Top Serta Mattress Reviews
I needed a new mattress and box springs about eight years ago. After rejecting foam mattresses (too hot) and adjustable beds (too expensive), I decided a mid-range traditional mattress was the way to go. So far, no complaints and I sleep comfortably.
The perfect sleeper is a great product by Serta and priced at an affordable level. I have had terrible soreness in the morning for many years because of poor quality mattresses. The Serta perfect sleeper now lets me wake up feeling well rested and ready for the day, and I’m completely pain free.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is Serta?
Serta offers several mattress types, including memory foam, innerspring and hybrid, and sizes from twin to California king. Serta also sells pillows, sheets, crib mattresses and pet beds. All mattresses bought on Serta.com come with a 120-day in-home trial and 10-year warranty.
Serta mattresses have gel memory foam that keeps you cool while you sleep and helps relieve aches and pains. Most models are available in plush, medium, firm and extra-firm to provide the level of support that’s best for your sleep position. Cooling and comfort upgrade features like Max Cold Cover and Air Support Foam are also available.
Serta mattress prices
Serta mattresses start at $399 and go up to $1,599 for their luxury mattresses. The size and model of the mattress influence the cost.
|Mattress in a Box||$399||$549||$599||$799|
|Perfect Sleeper||$399 – $999||$479 – $1,079||$499 – $1,099||$699 – $1,499|
Financing is available with three-, six- and 12-month terms. Standard shipping is free when you order from Serta.com but does not include installation or removing your old mattress. Serta also offers white-glove delivery for $150, which includes installation and old mattress removal.
Serta mattress models
Serta mattress models include the Perfect Sleeper, iComfort, iSeries and Mattress in a Box.
- Serta Perfect Sleeper:The Perfect Sleeper provides pressure point relief, a supportive coil system that reduces motion transfer and cooling gel foam that eliminates excess heat. Perfect Sleeper mattresses are available in innerspring, memory foam and hybrid models. They also come in firm, Euro-top and plush support.
- Serta iComfort:The design of the Serta iComfort keeps you cool while sleeping. The iComfort mattress comes with multilayered mattress-cooling foam technology that is highly supportive and breathable. It dispels heat and regulates body temperature for a cool, comfortable nights’ rest. The iComfort comes in several models: plush, medium, firm and extra-firm. Some models come with a Max Cold Cover that is cool to the touch and Air Support Foam that provides relief from aches and pains.
- Serta Mattress in a Box:Serta Mattress in a Box comes conveniently packaged in a box you pick up at your local Serta retailer. You can also order online for delivery to your door. The mattress is ready to use in minutes and comes in two models: Perfect Sleeper Express and Serta Premium. Both models offer sizes from twin to king, and the Perfect Sleeper Express 10 inch also comes in twin XL and California king. Serta Mattress in a Box has gel-infused memory foam and a breathable knit cover.
- Serta iSeries:Serta iSeries mattresses combine memory foam technology and an advanced coil system to provide comfort and support. The Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam maintains the right amount of pressure on your body and reduces body heat buildup, while the 886 Pro-Support Coil System adapts to your movements throughout the night. iSeries mattresses also have a HyperFeel Surface cover fabric that is cooling, comforting and supportive. Serta iSeries is only available at retailers, and prices vary.
Serta beds FAQ
Is Serta a good mattress?
Serta offers a variety of models with varying options, features and sizes to meet the needs of just about any sleeper. Customers appreciate that Serta provides a 120-night sleep trial warranty on all mattresses purchased online, plus financing options and free standard delivery.